Create an environmentally friendly, affordable home garden composting system with this cedar wood compost bin. Turn your household waste and grass clipping and leaves into a natural food for your lawn, garden, and flower beds. Layer green food scraps (such as vegetable and fruit peelings, coffee grounds, and grass clippings) and browns (such as eggshells, corncobs, and leaves) and allow materials to begin to compost. The wooden bin's open design makes it easy to turn the pile every two to three weeks with a pitchfork to aerate the compost and speed up the breakdown process. Depending on the climate and the mix of materials, your compost will be ready to use in 3 to 12 months. To keep a continuous supply, create a multi-bin system with our add-on kits; after one compost bin is full, and the materials have begun to break down, simply move the material to the next bin and begin the process again in the first bin. A three-bin system will keep the process moving seamlessly. Includes 4 posts and 28 boards that are 11/16 in thick, along with 48 spacers. Cover with a tarp or plywood (not included) if desired. Made from North American Cedar Wood.
- Naturally rot- and insect-resistant
- Assembly required: Assembles easily with only a mallet
- Easy to add new material and remove finished product
- Drains excess moisture better than plastic composters or compost tumblers
- Form a two or three bin composting system with purchase of our add-on kits; sold separately
- 41.3 cubic Feet or 308 gallon capacity
- Dimensions: 48" X 48" X 31"
- Weight: 55 lbs.