Garden compost is a type of garden waste management system that can be used to improve the soil quality of your garden. It helps recycle garden and kitchen waste by breaking it down into nutrient-rich material. Composting also helps keep garden soil from becoming compacted, making it easier for roots to access oxygen and water, as well as providing a better growing environment for beneficial garden organisms, such as worms and beneficial bacteria. Composting also helps reduce garden waste sent to landfills.
There are various methods of garden composting, the most common being aerobic or cold composting. Aerobic composting involves layering organic material in piles and mixing it often with water so that it is regularly aerated and decomposes quickly. Cold composting involves creating a large, open garden bed into which garden waste can be piled. In this method, decomposition happens over a much longer period of time but still produces nutrient-rich material.
When done correctly, garden composting can provide gardeners with a variety of benefits. Composted garden soil can be used to improve garden drainage and structure, as well as to increase the nutrient content of garden soil. It also helps retain moisture in garden beds, reducing the amount of water needed for garden plants. Composting also provides gardeners with a great way to recycle garden and kitchen waste, reducing their environmental impact.
- Outdoor Garden 5.7 Cubic Ft Rotating Composting Bin Tumbler
- 5.7 cubic foot total capacity
- Coated tubular steel frame
- Fresh compost in as little as 1 month
- Low friction bearing for virtually effortless turning
- Material: 100% Recycled plastic
- Slide sealing lid
- Sturdy, weatherproof construction
- Two chambers for independent composting
- Made in the USA
- Aeration Holes: Yes
- Latching Lid: Yes
- Number of Access Doors: 1
- Vents: Yes
- Compost Completion Time: 30 days
- 28.25'' H x 28.25'' W x 37'' D
- Opening: 28.25'' W x 28.25'' D
- Wall Thickness: .25''
- Aeration Hole Diameter: .25''
- Weight: 24lbs.